Join us at the Fort Meade hearings to stand with Brad
- 21-23 May 2013: How to deal with classified information during trial (either substituting or redacting documents or closing portions of the trial to the press and public). This is the last scheduled pre-trial hearing.
- 1 June 2013: Mass Demonstration for Bradley. Gather at 1pm in front of the Fort Meade Main Gate at Reece Road and US 175 (Google map).
- 3 June 2013: Court Martial Start, expected to run through 2 August 2013. Join us for a 7:30am vigil outside the Main Gate before going into court.
On the first day of each hearing, we hold a vigil from 7:30 am to 9:00 am in front of the Fort Meade Main Gate at Reece Road and US 175 (Google map). Afterwards, we enter Fort Meade (via the Visitor Control Center), and go to the courtroom. E-mail [email protected] for vigil updates
It has been over two years since his arrest, and the government is continuing to delay and extend the trial timeline. Help us show Bradley we care by filling the court room!
To enter Fort Meade, bring a government issued ID, such as a state issued drivers license or passport. Non-US passports are accepted. Be prepared to remove any shirts or buttons that show support for Bradley Manning while on base.
If you are driving onto Fort Meade, make sure to:
- Have your up-to-date vehicle registration
- Have your up-to-date vehicle insurance (printed copy–not a electronic version on your mobile phone)
- Obey posted speed limits (they are strictly enforced by military police–especially for “special visitors”)
- Be prepared to cover “political” bumper stickers on your vehicle with tape
Unlike most trials, the government is refusing to release any official transcripts of the trials. It is up to the public to attend, and comment on, what happens inside the otherwise secretive court room. Thank you for your support and please join us at Fort Meade!
- Take MD-295 NORTH towards BALTIMORE to US 175 EAST. Take 175 EAST until you come to the Reece Road intersection (there is a traffic light). Turn right at the traffic light onto Reece road, and proceed to the Visitor Control Center to your right.
From Baltimore, M.D.
- Take MD-295 SOUTH towards WASHINGTON DC to US 175 EAST. Take 175 EAST until you come to the Reece Road intersection (there is a traffic light). Turn right at the traffic light onto Reece road, and proceed to the Visitor Control Center to your right.
Visitor Control Center
- Fort Meade is a ‘closed’ post, all visitors should go to the Visitor Control Center at the Reece Road gate for access information. This information may change from day to day. There is a parking lot outside of the Visitor Control Center.
- After entering Fort Meade at Reece Road, drive or walk to the Magistrate Court, 4432 Llewellyn Avenue, Fort Meade, MD. It is 2 miles from the Visitor Control Center. There is usually parking available near the courtroom. There are no electronic devices allowed through the security check to enter the courtroom–you must leave your mobile phone in your vehicle (or someone’s vehicle).
If you have any questions about attending the court room proceedings, and the vigil please contact [email protected]